Sunday, March 9, 2014

Oregon Coast

I feel fortunate to have traveled to many beautiful places in the world, but one place I've never vacationed is the scenic Oregon Coast.   Josh and I haven't left our kids to vacation together since our cruise three years ago.  So this winter we decided we would take a long weekend and visit my BFF, from childhood through college, and beyond, Misty and her husband Chad who now live in Oregon for a weekend at the coast.

When we flew in it was record braking cold for Portland, but we enjoyed a trip to Voodoo Doughnuts (a place that brings doughnuts to a whole new level!!)


A stop at the temple


And a tour of an amazing century old mansion.


We made it to Salem where Misty and Chad live and that is when the snow began.  With no snow removal equipment and 6-12 inches of snow the roads became unpassable and we spent our scenic weekend snowed in at the Bingham's house.


There is nowhere I'd rather be snowed in, but it was ironic that the usually mild temperatures of Oregon threw us a curve ball and kept us from the coast.  In fact, it was so bad that we had to buy chains for our tires to get to the air port.  My commitment to travel tropically has been strengthened, although I very much enjoyed spending quality time with the entire, adorable Bingham family.  (I wish I had a picture!)

No comments: