Wednesday, July 9, 2014

What's more American than . . .

Boating and camping at Bear Lake for the 4th of July.  I amazingly consented to one more camping trip this summer believing it would be worth it to spend two days boating at Bear Lake.  It didn't quite work out like that, because we didn't even get the boat in the water on day one.  We took our time going to a parade and packing up so it was practically dinner time by the time we got there.  It was really beautiful and fun.



My mom and aunt Merle came over and brought watermelon.  (A snack I rarely buy because it is so messy.)  The kids were happy to partake. 







Fireworks were not permitted so we had our fun with glow sticks and watching the fireworks across the lake.  





It is funny how we always want what we don't have.  As a child I longed to ride on a boat, and my kids beg to play on the beach.  For Utah, Bear Lake is about as good as beaches get.  The kids LOVED it. 


Our dear friends and neighbors, the Campbell's, joined us for the day.  


Tubing was the activity of choice. 


The kids love to ride up on front of the boat.  It does feel like you're flying. 


Boating does not get old for me.  I do most of the driving because Josh makes me too nervous and since I'm nervous when he drives that makes others nervous.  So fun!



1 comment:

The Ravsten's said...

You're having such an awesome summer!!! Yeah!!! Love you.