Saturday, September 27, 2008

FOOD!

This week I have rediscovered my love of food. For many pregnant women this happens after their first trimester, but having been sick most of my pregnancy and especially sick my first and third trimesters I am just now discovering how much I love food. This afternoon when I should have been taking a nap, my kids were gone to the Circus in SLC with Josh and Andy was napping, I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I have been reading that many people loose their appetite after giving birth, but yesterday I ate an entire 12 inch Subway Sandwich. I don't think I have ever done that in my life. I would like to think that Andy is sucking all of these calories off of me, but that would really be wishful thinking. Although he too must be a Kirk because he seems to be obsessed with food himself. Let's have three cheers for having an appetite. It feels so good to return to my good old friend, food.

3 comments:

Kathy Schroder said...

oh dude don't get in trouble like I did. I lost all the baby weight right off the bat and gained almost all of it back. I am now paying for it and working my butt off!! Good luck

Diane said...

I know what you mean! Except I love food all the way through my pregnancies. I especially love hospital food! I don't know if it's that exertion of labor that makes me extra hungry, but I want to eat EVERYTHING on my plate after having a baby. Congratulations on baby Andy! He looks super cute! (His siblings are adorable too.)

Kar said...

Holy crap! It's been too long since I've visited your blog! I am a bad friend. And I still need to send you a card for the birth of Andy. Micah has thrown me for a loop. I cannot seem to get my act together. Anyways, I love, love, love not being pregnant. You can eat normally, you can pee normally, you can sleep normally... life is good.