Thursday, March 3, 2016

Hardware Ranch and wrapping up winter

It feels like every weekend is packed.  I guess I can see why the kids want to stay home and play, but I NEED to get out of the house and save most of my outside playing to do with the kids.  We have taken a few final trips to Cherry Peak for some spring skiing. We decided that we wouldn't be getting season ski passes for next year.  Our kids just don't enjoy it enough, maybe we will give skiing a shot again in a couple of years when Johnny can do better and when everyone is a little more independent.




I have NEVER been to Hardware Ranch, a wintering feeding program for wild Elk up Blacksmith Fork Canyon.  It is only about 25 minutes from our house and we rode on a horse drawn sleigh out to see a few hundred elk.






We followed our trip to Hardware Ranch with a trip to the Ellen Eccels Theater to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.  It was SO CUTE.  Defiantly a fun night with the girls!


I am a little sentimental about my last day teaching Joy School.  If things go as planned Johnny will attend the USU lab school next year so after SEVEN years of participating in our neighborhood preschool co-op I'm done! Joy School is something I've enjoyed immensely, but it also feels good to be done and moving on to different things in my life.  My last lesson was a fun one.  It happened to be "P" day and the unit was Spontaneous Delight, something that comes very naturally to children so we had a Pajama Party.  We ate Pretzels, Painted, Popped Popcorn and Partied in our PJ's.  Johnny is so lucky that he gets to do preschool with is best friends. 
Walker, Tyson, Johnny, Myler, Jmo, and Quint


No comments: