Friday, December 2, 2011

Something to Celebrate!

You may have noticed that I haven't posted on my blog for the past month.  In fact, that is not the only thing I haven't been doing.  I heaven't been getting out of bed.  I haven't been leaving my house.  I haven't been cooking or cleaning.  That is just the tip of the iceberg.  It is all because we have something to celebrate . . . we are having baby number five in June.

We are really excited to be expecting again.  I have to remind myself everyday.  If you know me at all you know that my pregnancies are brutal, and this one is no exception.  (Ironically I just took a puke brake.)  Yes, I have joined the world of making food choices based on how it tastes coming back up once again.  Having four previous pregnancies gives me a lot of experience and does help matters.  I know that I have a 10 minute window after throwing up in which to get something down that will settle my stomach.  I know that veggies take hours to digest and are a bad idea.  I know that I will have a healthy baby even though I can't keep vitamins down and making the effort to take them is entirely not worth it.  I know that if I take it easy and say "no" to a few more things I will keep a few more meals down.  I know that this feeling won't last forever, just 8 months, and then I will get the eternal reward.

My week 9 was especially difficult.  I wasn't able to keep down my medication so it didn't matter that I was on the "big guns."  I was throwing up constantly!  I mention this because it was durning that difficult week that I had two inspired friends and my mom come and take my kids.  It is amazing that the Lord will take one right to their capacity and then send some relief.  I was so grateful for the help!  I was also grateful for suppositories to help me get things under control, something I never thought I would be grateful for!

When Josh and I got married we were committed to having five kids.  We both come from families of five kids so that seemed complete to us.  After having Andy I was enjoying parenting so much I changed my mind and decided that I wanted six.  I still do want six kids, and I know that this isn't my most difficult pregnancy, but I don't think I can do it again!  Even though I am only throwing up 1-3 times a day, now that I am keeping my meds down (with other pregnancies it has been much more) I think just being older and having a house full of kids makes it all a little harder.

So there it is, our good news with a few of the yucky details.  I will be counting down to JUNE!  I am 10.5 weeks and officially due June 25.  Time can't go fast enough right now!

6 comments:

The Ravsten's said...

Congrats on letting out the big news. You don't have to have six kids you know! Five is awesome. You are awesome. And, I love the kids photos. You did get some cute group shots. Love them. Happy December!

Erica said...

5 kids is awesome! I'm loving every second of it! Excited for the Kirk family. All of us are, the boys keep talking about it. Hang in there!

sorichfamily said...

Hooray! Another cute Kirk baby!! You are amazing and can totally do it! I always find focusing on the finish gets me through the yucky times! Congratulations!

And I am lovin' all the cute pics of your babies!! They are so darling! What a legacy!!

Andersons said...

Congrats guys - so excited for your family! You're a trooper Carrie!

Kar said...

Ah, so that's why you've been sick! Oh, Care, as one who suffers all nine months with each baby, I feel your pain. I'm so sorry. You are going straight to heaven for bringing these kids into your family despite the suffering. And really, they're always worth it. My mom asked me that today while we were watching Gage waddle around: "Was he worth it?" Oh, yes.

Unstoppable Lindsey said...

OOHHH!!! I am so excited for you! I am so sorry that your pregger-state is not happy and full of fluff! But look at the amazing kids you produce. TOTALLY worth it, right, right? Hang in there sister!