Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bountiful Baskets

We have been having so much fun using the variety of fruits and veggies in our Bountiful Baskets over the past few months. (For those of you who don't know, Bountiful Baskets is a coop that provides highly discounted fruits and vegetables to its members. Each Saturday we pick up a basket full of a variety of fresh produce. We don't pick what we get, everyone gets the same things.) Thank goodness for Google so that we can learn about some of the produce and how to use it. A few weeks ago the kids and I had a great time preparing and steaming artichokes. We didn't love the way they tasted, but the process was fun.



This week we have to figure out Brussels Sprouts. It is fun to get creative, and having a bunch of fresh produce has helped me enjoy being in the kitchen a little bit more.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey, how do I sign up for this? I've heard so many people talking about it and I need those artichokes too! :)

Kar said...

That's really cool! I think we have something similar here. I need to figure it out. Yum; I love artichokes. I need to steam up some while they're still in season. As for brussels sprouts, um, good luck with those. I tried those for the first time when I was pregnant with Dylan. Trying to be all healthy. Never again. It was traumatic.

Justin and Breanne said...

hey did you ever find out how to use the brussel sprouts? my mom said to steam them and put lots of butter on them. if you find out another way let me know! We had a ton! fun to see you this morn!

Camille said...

Sounds like a fun idea. I DO love artichokes. Do your kids eat the stuff? I'm pretty sure mine would FREAK out at artichokes and brussel sprouts.