Monday, May 4, 2009

Mile Stones

Andy is so much fun! He has hit some milestones that I must mention if for no other reason than because I have mommy brain and I will have forgotten by next week. Two weeks ago, at six and a half months he got his first two teeth. They broke through two days apart. He has not been fussy about teething except the day that they came in. He started screaming at 11:30 PM (luckily I was still up.) I went and got him from his bed and felt in his gums. I could feel the little corner of one tooth. Since he was screaming anyway I used my finger to brake the tooth the rest of the way through. (I have always wanted to do that.) When the second tooth broke through he was lethargic and sad. Weird, I know, I have never known when my kids teeth have come in, but with Andy there was no mistaking the moment.

He is now officially out of his baby car seat. I hate giving up the portable bed, but he is over twenty pounds and breaking my back.



He is getting really good at eating solids and this week he began eating foods that are not pureed. He loves fishy crackers, but insists that someone besides himself put them in his mouth.

This weekend he also had his first hair cut. I like my little boys to have missionary cuts and his hair was growing over his ears. He didn't love the experience, but he sure is cute.



You may be wondering about the huge scab on his nose. Josh took the kids to the park this week and he learned why strollers have safety straps. Andy slipped right out of the stroller while going down a steep hill. It took the skin right off of his nose.

4 comments:

The Ravsten's said...

He's so stinkin cute. Glad things are going well.

Kar said...

Oooh, my baby needs a haircut really badly. He looks like the Gene Wilder version of Willy Wonka. He is sooooo cute. He looks like an Owen.

Kar said...

When I said "he" is soooo cute, I meant your baby, and that your baby looks like an Owen, not mine. Jeez. You wouldn't know I majored in English...

Kar said...

And I forgot for a minute what your baby's name is, but now I remember - Andy. :)